Sunday, January 8, 2012

Utter Defeat

We perceive that only through utter defeat are we able to take our first steps toward liberation and strength. - page 21 - Twelve by Twelve

This passage in the 12x12 makes me incredibly grateful for my addictions.  I know now, that without practicing drug addiction, alcoholism, compulsive gambling, smoking, overeating, etc., that I would not have come into a program of recovery and now a new way of life.  It was difficult to walk into a meeting with a group of strangers and say, "I NEED YOU".  I always thought I knew better and that I had all the answers.  I was so wrong and I am so grateful I found a new way of life that is helping me continue to discover newfound liberation and strength with each passing day.

Higher Power,
The moment I said, "I need you", You were there.  And then I came to find out You are always here.  Thank you for removing these chains of self bondage.  Thank you for removing these cloaks of self-hatred and bitterness.  Thank you for relieving all my burdens.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment