Wednesday, January 4, 2012

People-Pleasing

Know your limits.  Know when to say no.  There may be a few people who are offended by limits that you set, but usually those are the ones trying to control or manipulate you.  - Page 139 - More Language of Letting Go

No.  What a difficult word to say!  There are often times when I find myself saying yes, when I mean no.  I try to fit one more thing in my day, knowing that I am exhausted.  Or, I say yes to an invitation that doesn't interest me.  Or I say yes to helping, not from the sheer joy of giving, but for the reward of 'being liked' or the guilt that stems from a false sense of responsibility.  Today, I will refrain from saying yes for any other reason than the love in my heart.  I will take care of myself and say no when it is the most loving thing to do.  I will remember there are times when I do need to, "close the open hand out of love."

Higher Power,
Thank you for the understanding that I have choices and I can make decisions based on what brings me the most joy.  Knowing, that if I am living from a place of joy, that all of my relationships benefit and I am free to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment