Monday, January 2, 2012

Old Ideas

So we in recovery constantly seek to renew this experience of putting down or releasing our opinions and letting go of our old ways and ideas, always acutely aware that they are still present, ever ready to pounce and re-enslave our lives in changes of ignorance and disease - Page 100, The Zen of Recovery


This is the greater part of the inventory process.  And, it demands 'rigorous honesty'!  Letting go of things, ideas, behaviors, etc., that no longer serve my Higher Power, another human being or myself is necessary.  I need to take stock in what is of service and what destroys.   Any defects that stand in the way of my practicing principles, such as kindness, generosity, honesty and humility, have to be removed.  Just for today, this may mean that I simply allow "what is" to be there, without needing to control, fix or manipulate.

Higher Power,
Thank you for bringing me closer to the Principles that are you!  Thank you for showing me a new way of thinking and living.  Thank you for, day-by-precious-day, restoring me to sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment