Friday, January 6, 2012

Gratitude

It seems to me that we often, almost sulkily, reject the good that God offers us because, at the moment, we expected some other good.  - C.S. Lewis

I cannot count the number of times that I have been so focused on what I thought I needed to make me happy, that I missed the gifts of the day.  Looking back, can you see a time when you wanted something specific?  Did you want it so much that you missed everything else going on?  I can get so dialed-in on making my own will happen that I miss the blessings that are presented to me throughout the day.  And, when I miss the gifts, I forget to be grateful.  There are so many miracles that happen each day.  I won't miss them if I don't try to make them fit my image of what they should look like.

Higher Power,
I am so grateful for the blessings of each day.  Whether it be waking up to a good song, finding quiet time, or just enjoying each little moment as it comes.  When I stop forcing my own way upon You and accept all that you have to offer, I feel deep peace and gratitude in all my affairs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment