Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Guilt

One can always look back, and must in making amends, but no longer do you have to live with your personal guilt back - page 41, the Red Book of Gamblers Anonymous

One of the promises in the program of AA is, "We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it"What a gift this is!  I can objectively look at my past, including all of my indiscretions, without guilt.  This is a shame-busting program!   I don't have to shut the door on any part of my past, nor do I need to wallow in those parts I used to be so ashamed of.  I can now share my experience with others, including the lessons, so that I may learn more from them and perhaps pass along the gift.  Another gift in itself! 

Higher Power,
Thank you for showing me that everything that has happened in my life has been for a reason.  There is nothing good or bad in my past.  There are many things that needed correction to align myself with You and a better way of life and I am grateful I have been shown this path.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment