Saturday, January 28, 2012

Demonstration

But our man is sure to be impressed with a sincere desire to set right the wrong.  He is going to be more interested in a demonstration of good will that in our talk of spiritual discoveries.  Big Book p77

If you don't walk the walk, don't talk the talk!  That is the first thing that entered my head.  When I hurt someone, they don't want to hear about how wonderful I am now.  They want to see how I've changed.  This doesn't happen by my spouting off pompously and arrogantly how I have a Higher Power and that I am loved and all that stuff.  They want to see action.  What am I "doing" differently as a result of this spiritual connection?  Do I care about others, or am I still behaving selfishly?  Am I helpful?  Do I still want to be right all the time, or do I try kindness as an alternative now? 

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for leading me away from my selfish, dysfunctional patterns.  Thank you for showing me Oneness.  Thank you for allowing me to focus, a day at a time, on what your Will is, rather than my own selfish desires.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment