Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Finding God


If he is to find God, the desire must come from within.  Big Book p95

At almost a year in the program, I totally thought I knew everything there was to know about God, how to find God, how to work with God.  Oh My!  I turned into the most self-righteous know-it-all.

I thought that I could engineer other people's recovery and not only that, but engineer their Path and get them on it.  After several talks from my sponsor and other members of the program, I realized that although the Path I was on was working for me, it may not be the answer for everyone.  I am so grateful to them for saying something.  If they would not have said anything, I may not have opened up to a world of Yoga, Hinduism, Buddhism, Wiccan or Kabbalah, among others.  When I stopped trying to force feed a desire into newcomers, I started to find greater desire within me.

Thank you Higher Power.  Thank you for pointing me inward.  Thank you for showing me the Keys to the Kingdom and giving me the courage to try to unlock the open secrets within.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment