Monday, January 16, 2012

Is or Isn't?

"...God is everything or else He is nothing.  God either is, or He isn't.  What was our choice to be?" Big Book, Page 53

I did not know how to come to terms with a Higher Power called "God" when I came into the program.  I could believe in the program, the fellowship and some of the principles, but God?  This was so difficult for me.  My sponsor told me to study the book, "Don't read it, Study it!" and "Don't memorize, Utilize!".  I can still hear my sponsor as if it were yesterday.  As I was studying, I came across the word "God" and looked it up in the dictionary, just as I was doing with other words in the book.  There was a definition in there that I could live with.  It said God is the "ultimate reality".  I knew reality existed because even though my concept of it was skewed, I could hold onto that definition.  And it was right at that moment when I accepted that "God Is", however feeble my understanding.

Thank you God that Is!  Thank you for revealing Yourself to me when I was ready to accept what You had to offer.  Although, now that I look back and know You have always been available, I am grateful that I was finally able to see You.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment