Saturday, January 7, 2012

Prayer

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him.  Praying only for the knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry it out - Step 11

The most important purpose of prayer is to lift myself up to a higher state of consciousness.  This happens when I get still, listen and open up my heart and mind to God.  To ask God to meet my whims and wants or demands and expectations is like trying to get God to behave in a way that I think is best.  Allowing God to take care of me, my family, etc., can be difficult when I am facing a challenge or something I don't like or want. I trust that God knows the best way. For me, surrender is best.   It seems that only through this surrender, I find "the power to carry it out."

Higher Power,
Thank you.  Thank you for the Divine connection that is available to me at any moment.  Thank you for showing me a path of peace that begins with trusting that you know far better than I do what is best for me and those around
me.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment